[RESOLVED] Read from Rx using gstreamer

HarryM
4kOpen Owner: Yes
[RESOLVED] Read from Rx using gstreamer

Post by HarryM » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:19 pm

Hello,

I've been experimenting with bits and pieces (and pouring over the wiki), but I can't seem to figure it if it's possible to read from the HDMI_Rx using gstreamer.

The final goal would be to then output the Rx stream on the Tx. Perahps pass it through some different thingy-majigs. Generally I'm just trying to see what I can do with it at the moment.

Apologies if I've missed something glaringly obvious but I don't 100% know how to read the gstreamer documentation on the wiki and I can't find anything that relates to a gstreamer Rx source on the wiki...

Cheers,

HarryM

nick.beck
Re: Read from Rx using gstreamer

Post by nick.beck » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:14 am

Hi,

There is not a gstreamer plugin for the HDMI-Rx currently. However, it is possible to use the hdmirx-capture program to capture video on HDMI-Rx and output on HDMI-Tx. Source code is included (in Starkl and raspbian) so you can see how this is achieved and/or modify it to your needs.

Pete
Re: Read from Rx using gstreamer

Post by Pete » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:04 pm

Hi Harry,

There isn't a gstreamer plugin for the HDMIrx, have you find the application and instructions described on https://www.4kopen.com/wiki/hdmi-receive this uses the application hdmirx-capture, and using the mediactl's sets up an internal pipeline to write the input buffer directly to memory which is then immediately queued on a hardware display plane.

It is then possible to capture the complete hdmitx output (which includes the hdmirx picture) using the capture pipeline and v4l.

Cheers
Pete